Wednesday 14 August 2013

Removing Sticker Residue

I had always had a problem getting that annoying sticky stuff left over when you are trying to remove stickers from jars or any surface really.

I went to Ikea and got a whole bunch if these jars, the only problem they had were these annoying stickers on them! To get them off all you have to do is peel off as much as you can especially the plasticy top layer. Then you need to soak a paper towel with Eucalyptus oil and hold the paper towel against the sticky area to break it down. You may need to repeat until it all comes off. Voila! Clean jars.

I have heard you can use WD40 to get it off but I would much rather use eucalyptus oil to get sticky stuff off my food containers. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam! I know what you mean, sticky labels can be quite annoying. I've found that using a razor under running water works really well (but don't cut yourself). One of those cheap eyebrow shaper ones do the trick. Let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, What a great suggestion! I am terrible with blades and sharp objects, I always manage to cut my fingers up, I stay away. If it works for you that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete